In/Visible City with Teddy Cruz at reSITE
Teddy Cruz and Fonna Forman in Prague
On June 23, 2017, Aspen Institute Central Europe together with resiTE are bringing to Prague internationally acclaimed architect and urban planner Teddy Cruz and his partner sociologist and political scientist Fonna Forman. As a part of the reSITE conference, they will have a keynote followed by a panel discussion. The discussion will focus on the ways of dismantling both physical, and cultural or social barriers in cities and in society in general. This part of reSITE conference will be open to public, upon registration!
Share our Facebook event!
Cruz & Forman direct the UCSD Cross-Border Initiative, and are principals in Estudio Teddy Cruz + Forman, a research-based political and architectural practice in San Diego. Their work emphasizes urban conflict and informality as sites of intervention for rethinking public policy and civic infrastructure, with a special emphasis on Latin American cities. Read more.
Friday, June 23
- 16.15–16.55 Keynote speech – Teddy Cruz & Fonna Forman
- 17.00–18.00 Keynote Discussion
- Teddy Cruz, Architect & urban planner, Professor of Public Culture and Urbanization in the Department of Visual Arts at the University of California, San Diego, Estudio Teddy Cruz + Forman, United States
- Fonna Forman, Political scientist & sociologist, Estudio Teddy Cruz + Forman, United States
- Levente Polyak, Urban planner, researcher, activist and policy adviser, Eutropian Research&Action, Hungary
- Michal Broža, Head of Office, United Nations in Prague, Czech Republic
- Moderated by Petr Vizina, Head of the cultural division, Czech television
This part of reSITE conference will be open to public, upon registration:
Share this on social media
Support Aspen Institute
The support of our corporate partners, individual members and donors is critical to sustaining our work. We encourage you to join us at our roundtable discussions, forums, symposia, and special event dinners.