February 20 – 23, 2014
Tatra Mountains, Slovakia
The Aspen Institute Prague has closed a call for participation in the second edition of the Aspen Young Leaders Program. It is designed for emerging leaders from Central Europe, in different professions such as business, administration, the arts, sports and science. Composing of various formal and informal activities, the agenda offers seminars on miscellaneous aspects of leadership, including motivation, ethics, decision-making, teambuilding and media management. The participants will also explore the challenges and conflicts that leaders must face in deciding policies and strategies for their organizations, communities and themselves.
Lectures, workshops and moderated discussions will be led by renowned politicians, successful businessmen and scholars, including:
– Paul Kaye, President, Rolls-Royce Central Europe
– Tomáš Rektor, psychiatrist and psychotherapist
– Pavel Řehák, CEO, VIGO Investments (former CEO at Česká pojišťovna)
– Václav Sochor, Editor-in-Chief, Marketing & Media
– Ari Vatanen, former rally driver, former MEP
To get a better idea of the Program’s aims you can have a look at a short video from the first edition.
Selection Criteria for Participants and Deadline
Prospective candidates should be:
– aged 20 – 40, and of Czech, Hungarian, Polish or Slovak nationality
– exceptional individuals, professionally active in politics, business, the arts, sports, science or the nonprofit sector
– open-minded and active citizens, who are interested in tackling current challenges
– experienced in the international environment, with fluent English
– willing to promote cooperation among different professions and segments of society.
The deadline for submission applications expired on January 5, 2014.