When: Monday, April 7, 15:00 – 16:30
Where: Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Prague (Valdštejnská 8, Prague 1)
The panel discussion assessed Central Europe ten years after the EU accession, reviewed the region’s record in the EU and addressed the challenges it would have to face in the next decade. Its participants also presented the report ”Central Europe: fit for the future“ drafted by the 15-member High Level Reflection Group composed of the event panelists and Danuta Hübner, Ivan Krastev, Edward Lucas, Henryka Mościcka-Dendys, and Martin M. Šimečka among others.
The report is available HERE.
The public discussion, organized together with Central European Policy Institute and demosEUROPA – Centre for European Strategy, was held under the auspices of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Lubomír Zaorálek.
The event will be held in English.
15:00 Welcoming Remarks
– H.E. Mrs. Grażyna Bernatowicz, Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to the Czech Republic
– Petr Drulák, First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
15:10 Panel Discussion
– Peter Javorčík, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, Slovakia
– Rainer Münz, Head of Research and Knowledge Center, Erste Group Bank AG, Austria
– Milan Nič, Executive Director, Central European Policy Institute (CEPI), Slovakia
– Paweł Świeboda, President, demosEUROPA – Centre for European Strategy, Poland
Chair: Jiří Schneider, Member of the Supervisory Board, Aspen Institute Prague; former First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
15:45 Questions and answers
16:30 Glass of wine and refreshment
Share this on social media
The support of our corporate partners, individual members and donors is critical to sustaining our work. We encourage you to join us at our roundtable discussions, forums, symposia, and special event dinners.