The Aspen CE Madeleine K. Albright Leadership Award is bestowed annually by the Aspen Institute CE to young emerging professionals with outstanding achievements in one of the following fields:
- Active promotion of responsible citizenship
- Values-based leadership
- Innovative policies with positive societal impact in Central Europe
The Aspen CE Madeleine K. Albright Leadership Award carries the name of United States Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, a native of Prague and a friend of Aspen CE, to honor her life-long mission of educating and encouraging young leaders to carry a strong value system and contribute to the growth of society. With the Award, we recognize representatives of this generation who demonstrate great leadership early in their careers, show extraordinary potential to inspire others and impact Central European society positively. The Award serves as a great encouragement to the Laureates, inspiring their further commitment to values-based leadership, morality and courage.
The aim of the Aspen Europe Leadership Award is to foster the influence and potential of young emerging individuals, who can and want to contribute to improving society. It is to recognize examples of leadership with great potential to inspire others and to impact society positively.
We are looking for less known stories that, however, deserve the encouragement and recognition for their contribution to the society.
The Award is presented at the Aspen Annual Gala Dinner at the end of the year. The prize consists of promoting the awardee’s activities, e.g. by supporting his or her participation in Aspen International Network projects.
- Open nomination – Do you know a young emerging leader who deserves recognition for Rising Potential & Leadership and/or Impact Stories? Nominate them!
- Age – Young emerging professionals up to 40 years old in the year of the call for the Award.
- Region – Active with an impact in the region of Central Europe (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia).
- Early-stage Leadership Potential – We are looking for less famous stories with potential to inspire and impact.
The Nominee should have taken action to lead a societal challenge.
– showing exceptional moral leadership and courage, fostering open society and otherwise positive impact in Central Europe
– and/or leading an early-stage projects that deserve the encouragement and recognition for facilitating change and inspiration in the society.
We look for impact stories – of leaders and/or their projects. We do not look for experienced and already well known leaders.
Laureates of Aspen CE Madeleine K. Albright Award 2023
Doc. Vladimíra Petráková, leader of a scientific group at the Jaroslav Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry in Prague
Julian Gerhart, Founder of the Slovak educational portal Zmudri.sk
Laureates of Aspen CE Madeleine K. Albight Award 2022
Jana Hlaváčová, Co-founder of a patient involvement agenda at the Ministry of Health CZ
Zuzanna Krzątała, Project Coordinator at Humanity in Action Poland
Laureates of Aspen CE Leadership Award 2021
Ľubica Karvašová, Slovak diplomat and the first Sherpa at the Prime Minister’s Office
Jan Mencwel, Polish activist, writer, founder and current leader of Miasto Jest Nasze
Laureates of Aspen CE Leadership Award 2020
Tereza Kalousková, Foreign coordinator at Palacký University Olomouc
Michal Tarnowski, Co-founder of the Academy of Civic Knowledge and of educational start-ups Nativated and Nauczeni.pl
Laureates of Aspen CE Leadership Award 2019
Do Thu Trang, Author of the blog Asijatka.cz
Michal Mižigár, Historian of Roma origin
- The Executive Director will announce a nomination procedure at least eight months before the planned date of the Award presentation.
- Each nomination will be accompanied by a justification in the nomination letter, and a short bio of the nominee.
- Nomination will also be open to the public via an online form.
- Award nominations are due on June 30.
- The Executive Director will submit a shortlist of three candidates approved by the President of the Board of Directors by August 15. The awardee will be chosen by the Board of Directors from the shortlisted candidates by September 30.
For more information, please contact us on office@AspenInstituteCE.org